Each year, the Executive Yuan Public Construction Committee’s Golden Quality Award ceremony takes center stage in Taiwan’s public construction field to recognize domestic organizations and persons for outstanding accomplishments in the construction and operation of local infrastructure. This especially includes enhancing the quality, safety and sustainability in public works, improving the living environment for the public, and other considerable contributions. During this year’s ceremony held on December 23 in Taipei, CECI was privileged to receive an impressive total of 16 awards including the Special Contribution Award given for significant and long-standing achievements in the field of public construction. Commenting on this success, CECI Chairman Dr. Shih Yi-Fang noted that it reflects the company’s continuous commitment and dedication to upholding the highest safety and quality levels on every single one of its projects.
Since the award’s inception over two decades ago, CECI has prided itself on its track record of being one of the top recipients year after year, with 2021 being no exception. CECI’s winning projects this time include the following:
(1) The Outstanding Project Awards
- In the Civil Engineering category: Design and Supervision for the Kinmen Bridge Construction Project (Contract Package No. CJ02-2C);
- In the Architectural Engineering category: Supervision and Project Management for the New Taipei City Baogao Smart Industrial Park;
- In the Facilities Engineering category: Basic Design and Supervision for the Taiwan Railways Administration South Link Taitung Chaozhou Section Electrification and Construction Systems Mechanical and Electrical Turnkey Project K001
(2) The Engineering Distinction Awards
- In the Water Resources category: Supervision for the Restoration Works for the East 5 - East 7 Wharfs at the Zuoying Harbor (Including Expansion Projects)
- In the Architectural Engineering category: Project Management for the Guangci Charity Park Comprehensive Development Project Public Housing Turnkey Project (Contract Package E);
- In the Railway Engineering category: Design Services for the Trackwork of TTIA Access MRT System Extension to Zhongli Station Construction Project
(3) The Engineering Merit Awards
- In the Architectural Engineering category: Project Management for the Guangci Charity Park Comprehensive Development Project Public Housing Turnkey Project (Contract Package D);
- In the Facilities Engineering category: Design and Supervision for the Minsheng and Shilin Pumping Station Equipment Renewal Project;
- In the Railway Engineering category: Basic Design and Supervision for the Taiwan Railways Administration South Link Taitung Chaozhou Section Electrification and Construction Chaozhou-Fangliao Section Civil Engineering and General Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
(4) The Special Contribution Award was extended to CECI following its having received the Golden Quality Award for five consecutive years, which can indeed be considered a major achievement in and out of itself.
CECI Chairman Dr. Shih Yi-Fang expressed the company’s appreciation at being once again recognized by the Public Construction Committee for its contribution to Taiwan’s infrastructure and reiterated its commitment to continuing upholding the high standard in the future.